• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wood Warblers (1 Viewer)

Sancho

Europe
I´ve wanted to see Wooblers for ever, dipped out always (they´re very rare breeders in Ireland, some years there are none), got them today in Wicklow by accident, was looking for something else. Lovely bird, lovely sound (just like on the CD´s I´ve practically memorised), I didn´t realise they do this slow hovering flight thingy from one tree to another. I could watch them for hours. Probably will if I get a chance to go back.

i have never seen wood warblers in the england i have only seen them in france and that was my first time i saw them. great little birds arn't they

Sancho said:
I´ve wanted to see Wooblers for ever, dipped out always (they´re very rare breeders in Ireland, some years there are none), got them today in Wicklow by accident, was looking for something else. Lovely bird, lovely sound (just like on the CD´s I´ve practically memorised), I didn´t realise they do this slow hovering flight thingy from one tree to another. I could watch them for hours. Probably will if I get a chance to go back.

OK Sancho I'm clutching at your coat-tails again...sorry

Did you see it in Glen O'Downs?

Nice one Sancho. I to got great views of a singing Wood Warbler yesterday. Mine was in Durham. I had only ever seen the bird previously in Scotland and Europe. Definately a bird on decline, but one which song I will never forget!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back