• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (49 Viewers)

Happy Birthday to me......

My first birthday on bird forum so my hopes were high, but sadly a very low activity day! Started at the LDV North Duff Carrs not much to report 4-6 Mutes, a distant Buzzard 6-10 Wigeon and the local Kestrel were about it.Then about 300+ Teal arrived on the river (as there is still no water on the carrs) Stayed till the very last light Christmas shopping seemed like a tempting option to this! (only joking the cold air must be getting to me) Then with 10 minutes of daylight left not one but possibly 4 Barn Owls the best of which put on a superb display of catch,kill and eat a vole no more than 30yds in front of the hide, they say patience is a virtue..it certainly was today.

Last edited:
Merry xmas!!

Havn't posted for a while...been so busy, haven't even had chance to go see SEOs near Poppleton!!Could I just wish all the best to all.

Paul

Waxwing at Hatfield

Caught up with this single Waxwing yesterday at Hatfield, on the A614. Apparently still there today. My first this winter.

Attachments

• 2011_12_22_1251.JPG
    2011_12_22_1251.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 2011_12_22_1242.JPG
    2011_12_22_1242.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 52
Merry Christmas everyone hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and a prosperous new year. See you at the next meet hopefully!

God praise be baby jesus. The Desert Wheat has been reported again at Bempton Cliffs. I did dinner today for 9 people and it was shite. Ho hum. Not to worry. All the best you crazy kids.

Desert Wheatear still at Bempton RSPB. This aft. On the footpath west of Staple Newk viewpoint. And at the viewpoint briefly before it flew over the cliff

Total of 7 red kites on the way to and from Swinsty Reservoir today, including 2 over Bramhope, and 3 by Weardley.
Naff all but gulls on the reservoir although the tit flocks were plentiful, blue, coal and great in some good numbers. Only found 1 goldcrest, and a possible redpoll.
Nice to see the res full of water though, with the spillways flowing at both Fewston and Swinsty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back