• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More Eagle pics (1 Viewer)

Donna

We were down in a bit of hollow at this little lake. The light hadn't come over the mountain when we got there. There weren't many people at first, but by the time we left (my husband had to drag me kicking and screaming from there), you could hardly drive out of the place. It's a very small lake out in the middle of nowhere. Everywhere you looked there were eagles soaring on the thermals. I kept waiting for them to get close, but when they did they were moving too fast for me to get very good shots. It was unbelievable!!!

Attachments

• eagle pics.jpg
    eagle pics.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 207
Donna that little lake sounds like a little bit of paradise and to see so many Eagles at the same time must be amazing.

How amazing Donna, I can well understand that you did not want to leave that place.
What are those two eagles very close together doing?! Or were they not as close as it looks in the photograph?
You are certainly blessed with the abundant wildlife where you are.

Paula, the two eagles close together were landing...I don't know if it was friendly or not. It appears to be a male and a female. The female, the one in front is leading in with her feet.

I just can't tell you how exciting it was. They were so beautiful riding the thermals that it took my breath away. They are so very regal, majestic...all those words. The wind was blowing and it was cold, my eyes were tearing (from the weather?), my makeup was getting ruined and I didn't even realize it....or care. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life...

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back