• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

...... Birds on the Tennessee Plateau ...... (1 Viewer)

TN Tin Man

Just moved here and I see very little birds. I have dozens of Doves ~ Sparrows.. 2 Tufted Titmouse 1 little ruby throat humming bird and 1 very old tattered male Cardinal.. loss of feathers and a bum foot.
I don't see any common birds like in Florida. Jays - Downy wood pecker.
I did see for a glimpse 1 Golden Finch. In and out quickly at the feeder.
Back in June a Great Blue Heron feeding in a creek here on the Plateau, I guess cray fish.. Plenty of Crows.. love the calls..
Learning curve on the birds in the area..

There are plenty of different birds in

There are plenty of different birds in the Chattanooga area. It's a rather good area for this part of the world. Most weekends I go birding all around chattanooga.

I am up in Cumberland County and living in a apartment complex and no song birds. I have 1 very aged Male Cardinal.. and 3-4 Tufted Titmouse and hoards of sparrows.
Made numerous trips to Falls Creek Falls and no birds.. I see maybe a 1 Hawk but that was so far off I have no clue what kind.
I did see a Great Blue Heron at Standing Stone State Park.. Catoosa Wildlife Management area is 3/4 hour drive and nothing except crows..

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back