• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tract Torric Line Being Revised? (1 Viewer)

BruceH

I received an e-mail from Tract saying "As we prepare for the next generation of TORIC 10x binoculars, were offering you an opportunity to get $100 Off a TORIC 10x42".

That indicates to me that the current generation of the Toric is being discontinued and replaced with a new version. No mention was made of the 8X42 Toric but since they are essentially the same other than power, then it may also be in line for a revision.

Trevor, any comments???

I have a feeling its going to be an open bridge abbe koenig prism binocular, like the Leupold bx5 or the Maven b2 or blazer primus.

That is an interesting possibility. However those are big changes with a possible higher price point and so it would make sense to designate it as a new higher tier model and continue with the current Toric.

I wonder if there are supplier issues requiring Tract to go to a different source, resulting in a different model. That is just speculation on my part. The current model is very good so I not sure what they can do at the current price point to make it better. Coating upgrades, eye cup changes, ??????

I am definitely curious to see what they come up with. I really like the one I have (Toric 10X42) so I hope they do not screw up a good thing.

New Tracts-any changes?

I got that message too, and I wonder why they don't give an idea of what is to come? Even a statement to the effect of keeping with the same philosophy of keeping high quality optics, no middleman distribution (why wouldn't they keep that unique approach?), and the lower overall pricing because or it.

I could see them improving the field of view in the 8x42's, that would be a major improvement, but there's nothing I would change on the 10x42. Well, maybe a less stiff focuser, but that should work out in time-it's very smooth!

The optics show a little glare to my eyes, but often it can be negated by correct eye placement. Some say they don't see it anyway. But yes, a very nice binocular, that is for certain. And so far, my dealings with them have been very positive. I like their warranty too.

Yes, we wonder what you guys are up to!

Last edited:
That is an interesting possibility. However those are big changes with a possible higher price point and so it would make sense to designate it as a new higher tier model and continue with the current Toric.

I wonder if there are supplier issues requiring Tract to go to a different source, resulting in a different model. That is just speculation on my part. The current model is very good so I not sure what they can do at the current price point to make it better. Coating upgrades, eye cup changes, ??????

I am definitely curious to see what they come up with. I really like the one I have (Toric 10X42) so I hope they do not screw up a good thing.

That's a great statement Bruce! Yes, too often things are changed just for the sake of it, for marketing ideas that shouldn't have happened because it was not needed in the first place! I hope that doesn't happen too!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back