• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski: fair price? (1 Viewer)

Stud Duck

I've been looking for a set of 8x32mm binos for a short time now and have come across a set of Swarovski SLC 8x32mm WB binos; manufactured in 2009. Lenses are excellent, body/armor is very good to excellent. They come with the factory neck strap and both sets of lens covers.

The seller is asking $550 shipped; fair price or is there something to be had in the same size for the same money?

As always, thank you for your input.

Stud Duk,
I would not hesitate one moment, the 8x30 SLC from 2009 is an excellent piece of equipment: stron, excellent company service, optically very good: for that price a real good deal.
Gijs van Ginkel

You might want to check the serial number with Swarovski to see if they were sold in the US and will be covered by their warranty, but I agree with Gijs that it's a very good price for them.

I agree it is a good buy as described. The 8x30 SLC WB was discontinued in 2010 so its coatings should be right up to date.

Bob

Agreed, thats a good price, about £350 in sterling, in the UK I think one of these in top condition would be over £400.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back