• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vixen Artes HR Monocular/Binoculars (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
I recently purchased the Artes J 8x42 HR WP Roof Prism Binocular. This purchase was driven by my purchase of the Artes HR 6x21 monocular a few years ago & still have today. For those of you who also have the Artes monocular, it’s bigger brother the 8x42 J Artes binocular provides the same crystal clear/sharp view. Since my purchase of the Vixen monocular, I have been following the price of the 8x42 Artes holding off because I really do not need any more binoculars. The recent price drop of $339 triggered my purchase, now I see it even lower. This binocular has to be held/viewed thru to be believed. Made in Japan, the Vixen 8x42 Artes J in my opinion is a real sleeper. Now having said all this I have to mention one last thing ... I held & looked thru a Opticron DBA VHD 8x42 binocular 2 weeks prior to my purchase of the Vixen Artes. Now thinking back I honestly can not say if I had them both side by side today whether I could say which binocular was better. I will say, they do look like twins with almost identical spec’s.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back