• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic Lumix FZ-10 (1 Viewer)

Glyn,

Thanks for posting that link. I personally do not care for how it has been manipulated for the resulting quality. Too bad we cannot see what it originally looked like. As has been commented elsewhere though, there is a lot of noise in this photo.

Last edited:
normjackson said:
Snip Here are examples from pbase by four different photographers of subjects relevant to this forum... Snip.
#

Many thanks for the links Norm, I spent quite a bit of time going through them looking at the data, and seeing how each photographer adjusted the settings (it’s a big learning curve for me)
I’ve made my mind up to buy FZ10, when it gets released here, the next decision is which converter to add and I’d appreciate a link to any sites you spot with Sony HGD1758 and FZ10 combination
Back to the links you posted
Tony has certainly got to grips with the camera.
Joan’s a bit disappointed when I found that my favorite, had been taken with the C2100UV
10KZOOMFZ’s “I see a nut” @ISO 200 on it’s own is enough to make me want to go out and by the camera now
Here’s a link for one you may not have seen
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=7149579
The background is noisy but the clarity of the birds is excellent
Regards Glyn

Glyn, I think I spotted your chase in dpreview for example pics with FZ10 and HGD1758. Mr. Cairns doesn't seem to be prolific poster yet, does he?

Always interested to see any choice tidbits from dpreview forum you find.

Perhaps worth mentioning here how the adaptors for conversion lenses issue has gathered momentum thanks to Mr.Yoshida in Japan. Jimmie Burton's thread :
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=7233027
Mr. Yoshida's site :
http://www3.coara.or.jp/~shingu_t/engulish/e_top.htm

I gather the adaptors are still expensive enough to make all but a digiscoper blanch :-O

normjackson said:
I gather the adaptors are still expensive enough to make all but a digiscoper blanch :-O
£28 plus duty? + vat & shipping

Anticipated cost for the FZ10
FZ10 Camera £465
Extra battery £20
256MB SD card £50
Telephoto converter £160
Lens Adapter £40
External flash £160
UV filter £40
A bag £25
Wide-angle lens £150
£1110.00

normjackson said:
Very good Glyn, but wonder if your friends and relatives will appreciate being presented with that list come March :eek!:

There has been one or two of them asking how much it’s going to cost, and I’m telling you now, if they are buying it for them selves there’s going to be one very sad bunny with one mega sulk on ;-)

Did you notice the Dutch site selling it at £424.00?
http://www.progress.nl/ ;-)

The cheapest I have found it in the US is $549. Hey, I clicked on the link for the Dutch site but I couldn't understand a word I read so I didn't find the camera. Lol.

FZ10 manual

Rosah said:
snip, I clicked on the link for the Dutch site but I couldn't understand a word I read so I didn't find the camera. Lol.

I know what mean, when I viewed the site, the washing machine (which isn’t to far from the computer) was on its last spin and I was actually seeing Double Dutch ;-)
To see the offer type FZ10 in the search box

I called Panasonic today and they confirmed the release date (UK) will be the 3rd of March but no price has yet been set

FZ10 manual, if there is anyone in the UK, having problems downloading it and would like a copy on disk, PM me (adobe reader 6 required)
Regards Glyn

Another UK review of the Panasonic FZ10 is due in the February edition of Digital Camera Magazine - unfortunately their site seems to operate at least a month behind (currently shows November content), presumably to entice you to pay £4.99 for the hard copy for that month - on sale from 29th January.

i am an fz10 user fyi, am new in here, but i find it a good camera, and i also use a tcon17 with it,here is a pic of a bluejay taken with fz10 and tcon17 lenses using 12x optical range is 80ft

Attachments

• bluejay.jpg
    bluejay.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 337
For those of you who've been waiting for this camera to actually appear in the UK (rather than being trailed via varous reviews) might like to know that today's 'Observer' colour supplement carries a whole page advert for the DMC-FZ10. Further it's now appeared on the Panasonic UK website (www.panasonic.co.uk) and the advert gives a phone number for enquiries (08705 357 357). Presumably then it is now (or will very shortly be) available here. Unfortunately a quick trawl through a couple of websites for big camera retailers still drew a blank ...... John

Looks like this camera may do well! Did you all notice that this message has been read by over 2500 people?
Susan

normjackson said:
Hmmm, a rival to the FZ-10, eh? After one false lead :
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04030502rolleiminidigi.asp
I think I have my prime suspect:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canons1is/

Right, job done. Now must figure out how to solve Glyn's dilemma. How about a custom printed T-shirt printed with some subliminal message like "It's my birthday soon. I want a Panasonic FZ-10 please" :h?:

normjackson said:
Now must figure out how to solve Glyn's dilemma. How about a custom printed T-shirt printed with some subliminal message like "It's my birthday soon. I want a Panasonic FZ-10 please" :h?:
LOL Norm

Now if they club together and buy the camera, that would be priceless

And of course for every thing else, there’s all ways ****

Regards Glyn

Jessops now seem to have this camera in stock at £449.95. I'd prefer to buy locally, but Best Cameras (aka Kamera Direct) of St Helens is offering it for £369.98 (inc. postage). Has anyone had any dealings with this firm? Are they reliable? John

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back