• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (5 Viewers)

I'd be careful doing that Richard!....as they can be partial to "old bones". :-O

Cheek! good job I'm not marrow-minded;) otherwise I'd be most offended at your 'ageist' joke.
BTW, well done on your Rough-legged Buzzard (even if you needed the Hubble Telescope to see it).

Saw another Goshawk on Saturday, just two miles away, how big are their territories, anyone?
Also, one of the Red Kites around the plateau again yesterday, they've returned very early this year, 18 days before the previous earliest, hopefully they won't regret their decision when the next cold snap comes along (as it surelly will).
This morning, I heard a yaffling Green Woodpecker nearby, followed 10 minutes later by the 'yelping' call of a:

41 Black Woodpecker

from the forest further up the mountain.
Later on a species I don't see every year here, and normally an Autumn 'uncommon', flew in from the south to land in the field:

42 Meadow Pipit

Last edited:
... galloped back down through the snow-covered field, hurdled the fence and back into the garden to scan the area again , all in 9.79 seconds

Nice one, think I would attempt that too for a Lammergeier. Certainly a wow bird for a garden sighting ..or near-garden as the case may be :)

An excellent sunny morning : the sort when stuff gets up and soars.
A few Buzzards were followed by four

Ravens (54)

playing/displaying in pairs.

Song Thrushes are singing.

On a roll at the moment - which is good as I'll be away for ten days from tomorrow -

Six Canada Geese (55)

flew by.

You're trying to avoid me H, I'm coming over to Yorkshire for 4 days from Friday (just leave the key in the usual place, and a stock of food for me will you?);)

What a pity, Richard! We could have met up & I could have shown you my local patch.

Ah well, next time I visit my Mum in always misty Wetherby I'll try and get up to healthy Holmfirth too.
I'm hoping to sneak away to try and see the gulls at Rufforth while I'm over this weekend, I haven't seen any 'white-wingers' for a long time!

Well these are the birds I've seen this year in my compound.
Kingfisher-2
Little Egret-About 6
Blackbird-Many
Spotted Dove-Also many!
Azure-winged Magpie-A few flocks
Vinous-throated Parrotbill-One flock, probably somewhat around 10 birds
Yellow-browed Warbler-Also a few flocks
Long-tailed Shrike-10
Light-vented Bulbul-12
I'm sure I've missed out a few...I can't remember all of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back