• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted Tenby Harbour (1 Viewer)

Alceyone

Alceyone
Not a brilliant pic but was looking for some help on this

Attachments

• 7868EA40-1E90-4599-9834-A050ADC44B28.jpeg
    7868EA40-1E90-4599-9834-A050ADC44B28.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 217
Guillemot maybe a good call, poor quality pic. But why would you think that given what is visible? There seems quite a lot of white on the back and white on head is all below the eye not going round to nape.

Must admit, Guillemot did occur to me at first..............

Initially i looked at the size compared with the buoy (whose size i have nothing to compare with!). I then thought that a bit more speckling would be present but looking at the plumage combo, head pattern and what looks like a larger bill i would say GND:t:

Laurie -

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back