• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (1 Viewer)

It Looks like EJ

This bird does look like EJ. Yes no other bird looks like EJ.

Attachments

• nest 5 April 3.jpg
    nest 5 April 3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Tiger_mz said:
This bird does look like EJ. Yes no other bird looks like EJ.

Leg ring. There is definitely a J there. Correction, definitely EJ

Attachments

• ej.jpg
    ej.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 125
  • ej.jpg
    ej.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 119
Another bird has turned up. Now is this Henry. I am all excited. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• ej1.jpg
    ej1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 124
Hi Folks,

What a wonderful Easter present. I looked at the nest cam this morning and nobody there, came home from work around 3 and there was E J relaxing spread out.

Henry's not daft he is letting his female do the house work again after all he is the one left with the chicks in September and does all the hard work feeding them all.

Like you all though, I hope he makes it back soon

Happy Easter to Everybody

Ann
The Osprey Fanatic :D :D :flyaway:

welcome back!!!!!! hope they have a good season, nothing down at bassenthwaite yet, lots of birds spotted down south hope these are on route up the country, just wait and see.

A CHAPLIN said:
Henry's not daft he is letting his female do the house work again after all he is the one left with the chicks in September and does all the hard work feeding them all.
As long as he does not mind bring up young ospreys that he has not fathered. Oh but he does mind....remember what he did in 2005 when he found EJ with a nest full of eggs! ;) ;)

Last edited:
Hi Tiger,

We remember well and we will never know for sure who was the father of last year's chicks but Henry raised them. I hope his timing is as good this year, I am sure we will all be watching over the next few days.

Ann
The Osprey Fanatic :egghead: :flyaway: :flyaway:

Hi Everybody,

I have just looked at the webcam and there are 2 birds on the nest EJ and ? can anybody identify him for me. I am hoping it is Henry but don't feel it is, if that makes sense.

I have lost all my photos from last year so nothing to go on.

Thanks.

Ann
The Osprey Fanatic :egghead:

Attachments

• video1EJ & WHO 6 APRIL 2 07.jpg
    video1EJ & WHO 6 APRIL 2 07.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back