• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jamaica, January or February 2020 (1 Viewer)

Vagabren

I am looking for a few more people to join a 6 day birding tour (using local companies) in January or February next year. Esp. looking for a female companion to avoid the single supplement.

I should also mention, I would like to do birding with photography and at a fairly relaxed pace to just enjoy being in the outdoors.

I prefer to go with a local company. Has anyone booked a tour with Arrowhead or RAJ in Jamaica before?

thanks! Brenda

Hi Swiffly! I took a look at the link - definitely interesting. And it looks like they already have others registered as the site says for the 14th to 21st February 2020-3 places left. But how do you read their Green Castle Birding Tour - do you stay on their estate or venture elsewhere?

As I understand it their package cost includes a trip to the Blue Mountains for high elevation birds and they think the rest of the endemics can be found on their property. An email to clarify it would be smart.

My general approach is pretty casual, including renting a car for myself and following my own nose. I think they would do whatever we asked them to. What I like about it is having a place to sleep and food, without having to do any more research. I am pretty bad at finding hotels up front, that part is appealing to me, though food is generally pretty easy to find.

Highly recommend green castle. The grounds are extensive and I connected with 13 endemics there. The rest were found in the blue and John crow mountains. I put a brief report in the trip reports forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back