• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FeederCam 052405 QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
The cardinals were pretty tonight and there were four on the feeder at the same time. They were having a meeting; three females and a male. The tape shows two females and a male a few seconds later. There is a titmouse who looks like he is trying to stretch to twice his height and a chickadee appears to be exercising. You'll see. Check out this video. 8mb, 3+minutes.

iMovie

Last edited:
Wow, great stuff, Alan! :)

I have no idea what that chickadee was trying to do. Never seen one do anything like that before. Cute, tho'! :)

How I wish I had titmice here. They seem so adorable! How are you doing for baby cardinals this year? Have you seen very many? And you're right.... the cardinals were very pretty, as always. :)

Thank you!

I'll catch a few titmice and UPS them up to you! If I get ten, there will surely be enough males and females to start a Northern Tufted Titmouse species.

Yeah, that chickadee surprised me too- I had to laugh when that happened. They always seem to be looking down at their feet or in between their legs but I had never seen one do "flexing wings" before. It WAS cute!

Thanks for watching.

Have you ever heard of the IBC? stands for Internet Bird Collection. It is a non-profit, public resource type site dedicated to collecting video footage of, hopefully, every species of bird on the earth. I have just become a contributor. I have been corresponding with them off and on since Dec 2004 and finally got it together enough to make videos the way they want them; 20 second, 320x240, WMV9. And so far I have contributed 9 videos. I don't see a lot of different species here in ATL but the ones that do come to my feeder, get recorded. And a lot of the ones I have here were not in their data base so it makes me feel a little more useful with this video stuff I am doing. They are located in Barcelona, Spain.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back