• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bernese Oberland, Switzerland 12-20 September 2007 (1 Viewer)

pstraughan

This was not primarily a bird watching holiday as a list of only 34 birds shows. In order of appearance:

Blackbird
House Sparrow
Rook
Grey Heron (seen in several field locations rather than by water)
Common Buzzard (and numerous other raptors too high/far to identify)
Alpine Chough (lifer)
Feral Pigeon
Mallard
Coot
Pochard
Mute Swan
Wheatear
Tufted Duck
Tufted Duck x Ring Necked Duck (RND would have been a lifer!)
Herring Gull
Great Crested Grebe
Blue Tit
Nuthatch
Crow
Black-headed Gull
Great Tit
Alpine Accentor (lifer)
Chiffchaff (singing)
Magpie
House Martin (group at Interlaken Ost Railway Station. Possibly on migration as there was bad weather in the Alps that day and they were not seen before or after)
Chaffinch
Black Redstart
Tree Creeper
Grey Wagtail
Alpine Swift (lifer)
Shelduck
Black Swan
Red Crested Pochard (lifer)
Pied Wagtail

numerous LBJs, too quick to identify!

On one day we walked down from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen. This is where I saw the Black Redstart, Treecreeper and Alpine Swift. I though I could hear Goldcrest and I would think it should be a good place for Woodpeckers. Also I understand from people who visited earlier in the year that there are Wallcreepers there.

Pat

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back