• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap scope query (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
As the owner of a fairly decent and realtively expensive Kowa, I wouldn't ever, usually consider something like the scope in this link. However, it's for my girlfriend who is a photographer and often visits a pretty large lake and it might be just the job for scanning the lake to find stuff.

I know that usally I'd expect to spend more than this just on an eye-piece, can anyone tell me anything about this model, would it be as poor as the price might suggest or would it be adequate for my girlfriends modest requirements?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventurer...ASIN=B005XXZ2JS&linkCode=xm2&tag=pebble-gd-21

Thanks, Andy

If she is just a "casual user" or is going to use it as supplimentary to her camera then, yes, the scope should do fine. However, I am left feeling that if she is a photographer and is used to higher end camera equipment then this particular model will leave her feeling somewhat lacking in terms of overall performance.

Andy,

In that case then it is certainly a suitable scope.

Two weekends ago I was at a local, annual "optics sale". They had that Adventurer scope on sale for $100 US as it was a demo. I believe one gentleman bought it as he thought it was very good for the price. I would certainly agree.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back