• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron HR 66 GA ED (1 Viewer)

If somebody would be kind enough to lend me their Leica APO62, Swarovski ATS 65 HD & Zeiss Diascope 65, I'd love to put them all through their paces against my Opticron HR66ED! Not sure how well it would fair :-(

I had a look through someone's Zeiss 65 at a distant Hobby using what I think was the Zoom lens, set at a higher mag than the 28x EP I had fitted to my scope at the time. Amazingly the image seemed just as bright, despite the extra magnification and the FOV was pretty impressive still. That said, I felt I could see as almost much detail with the lower magnification in my own scope. It wasn't really the ideal situation to start compairing views properly, as I didn't know the guy who let me locate the Hobby in the first place!

I'm sure there'll be someone along soon with a much more helpful post than this. I would just say, however, that the HR66ED is a pretty heavy beast for its size when compared to the latest competition.

I'd be interested in the results myself.

Cheers,

Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back