• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Stump" bird and Savannah Sparrow (1 Viewer)

buckskin hawk

Oklahoma Birder
I have been trying to add more shore birds to my list and was passing by a pond on the way to the barn. I saw in a pond what appeared to be a small bird just inches from the edge of the pond so I stopped. Okay it was that every present "stump" bird which I add to my list of rock bird, airplane bird, stick bird, leaf bird and plastic bag bird. But next to the pond on the fence sat a Savannah sparrow.

I have 11 different sparrows on my list. I am looking for another six more types of sparrows and I'll have all the sparrows for my county or maybe I should try increasing my unnatural bird list.

My local patch list includes these sparrows so far:
75. 3/05 White-throated Sparrows – Oxley Nature Center
76. 3/05 Lincoln’s Sparrows – Oxley Nature Center
77. 3/05 Field Sparrow- Residence
78. 3/05 Song Sparrow-Residence
79. 3/05 Vesper’s Sparrow – Barn
80. 4/05 White Crowned Sparrow – Shelly’s & Barn
81. 4-05 Chipping Sparrow – Oxley Nature Center
82. 4-05 Savannah Sparrow – Barn

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back