• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does Mighty Midget 2 work with HDF zoom? (1 Viewer)

Alex_sk

A lady who *hearts* nature
Hi everyone

Just a little query that I hope some of you Mighty Midget owners can help me out with!

I want to buy a good eyepiece to go with my MM2 scope. I was thinking of getting an Opticron 20-60x HDF Zoom eye piece. Does this scope work with this eyepiece?

It's just that I heard someone say at the Lee Valley Birdfair that ithis eyepiece doesn't work when the scope is extended, but I thought this scope is supposed to be compatible with ALL Opticron eyepieces.

So I am confused! Please help me out by letting me know your experiences!

Thanks

Alex

yes it does work with the HDF zoom - in fact using an HDF eyepiece will get the very best out of the MM2.

Taken from the Opticron website [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:- USING 40862M HDF EYEPIECE WITH MM2 V2 IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE INFINITY FOCUS - FULLY EXTEND DRAW TUBE AND THEN RETRACT TO CLICK STOP POSITION.[/font]

As everyone has said the zoom works very well, just click back one stop from full extension.
I particularly like the eyepiece as it works well with glasses and produces a very pleasing flat neutral image.
I use Opticrons doubler with it to get 100x mag - image isn't up to much by then but it's good enough an ID at considerable distances.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back