• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (2 Viewers)

Nice pecker pix Cristian....!

I have been searching locally for lesser spot peckers which seem to have disappeared owing to the local council removing deadwood from one of their favorite haunts:eek!:...[i would normally swear but i won't here]...!

Have also been looking for otters...[again]....and have found 'signs'....[see attached images of weird looking sculpture which is a discarded frogskin]....!

Last pic is from Rutland Water where we were lucky enough to observe a family of otters the other night....was quite amazing...

All the best to all....:t:

http://username-beast.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• 015 - Copy.jpg
    015 - Copy.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 015 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    015 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 015 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    015 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 008 - Copy.jpg
    008 - Copy.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 38
That's an horrific and tantalising image, mate. The frogskin, I mean . . .

Chuckle...;)

I've found a number of these frogskins around my local pond...and the 'artist' is an otter....['that' particular one just formed an interesting shape having been baked in the sun]...

Agreed it does look kinda weird/gruesome but i guess it appealed to my liking of 'Alien' films...;)

When i found the skin i did not feel...'yuk'...i thought 'wow'..there's an otter about....great..!!

Nature is strange and produces many unusual subjects....[i try not to discriminate and just produce 'pretty' things]...

Tho having said that...i do prefer more pleasant images....!

Here's a more pleasant image taken from my flat window the other day....this goldfinch sang amongst magnolia blossoms as i listened and smiled....[incredibly beautiful birds...as we all know]...

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.JPG
    002 - Copy.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 40
Lovely bird, beautiful setting and perfect treatment.

They are exquisite things aren't they..?

Even as i type this i can hear them nearby...!

ps....just got back from watching another exquisite bird....[i wanted to get shots of them amongst blossoms but failed].....

The lure of Spring waxwings just down the road from me was too strong to resist....

I don't think this image is that great but it's all i managed to get....:smoke:

Have never seen this species so late in the season...surely they should be on their way North by now.....

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 37
here's my addition: a heron in the park when I was coming home drunk.

Attachments

• heron negative.jpg
    heron negative.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 32
  • heron reflection.jpg
    heron reflection.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 31
  • heron taking off.jpg
    heron taking off.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 'night' heron.JPG
    'night' heron.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 37
Thank you all for your kind comments and contributions....:t:

Love the redstart and fly Cristian...! And i like the drunken heron too Nick...;)[particularly the long narrow second crop]...excellent...!

Today i've been back amongst my dandelions still burning bright...[i really needed sunglasses...but i didn't have any]....:smoke:

Other images here include the new growth in my field of beans...[oh..and i include another pic of the 'disturbing' frogskin...here portrayed more sculptural and less macabre...i hope...]...!

ps....second image is of my old favorite the horsetail.....new growth amongst last years broken branches.....

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 36
  • 021 - Copy.jpg
    021 - Copy.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 31
the frogskin has taken on a Henry Moore feel now - very interesting. Love the sun and moon dandelions.

All depends on how we look and observe things i guess...[and to use Tim's word ...it depends upon the 'treatment']....

ps...i fused the skin to stone to make it more....'moore' like....?...;)

pps...glad you like the dandelions sun and moon....:t:

My 'alternate reality' may not be to everyone's taste Tim.....[and i'm considering at the moment whether or not to show a few more morph images that i evolved from the frogskin]....:eek!:

While i think about it i'll just bang up a couple o pix from this morning...

Snowcock...[which in reality is a pigeon]...;)

And a rather pleasant pheasant....!

ps.....the weather here in the shires is quite ridiculous...as in ridiculously hot...!
I keep expecting to see my hobbies back when i've yet to see a swift yet...

pps...still...the butterflies are having a great time...[i rescued an orange tip soaked by morning dew earlier....he warmed himself on my fingertips before taking to the air]...

ppps....now i'm off to see Mark to search for a ring ouzel he had this morning...[now these are elusive blighters....but maybe we'll get lucky]...!

Attachments

• 039 - Copy.jpg
    039 - Copy.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 036 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    036 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 34
"pps...still...the butterflies are having a great time...[i rescued an orange tip soaked by morning dew earlier....he warmed himself on my fingertips before taking to the air]..."

I'm (very) envious for this...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back