• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski DCA or UCA on an angled Leica 82mm APO Televid Scope (1 Viewer)

Hor Kee

Penang birder
Dear all,

I'm wondering if the Swarovski DCA or UCA adapters fit on the eyepiece of a Leica 82mm APO Televid scope. I'm made to understand that the latter adapter can fit, but have not come across anything about the DCA. I intend to use them (particularly the DCA) with a Nikon V1 and 10-30mm kit lens.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

I just came across your thread now. Yes, the Swaro DCA will fit on the new Leica 25-50x zoom eyepieces. The Swarovski DCA is a two part adapter (three if you include the adapter ring), and when using it with the Leica scope you only need the female end of the adapter.
I own an 82mm Leica scope and use it often with the Swaro DCA.
Cheers,
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics

Will the leica d lux 5 fit on a dca adapter from swarovski?? and can this combo be used with a swarovski 65mm scope without the lens (leica d lux) touching the oculair from the scope ?

Hi all,
i know this is a really old thread, but I have just tested to adapt the UCA to the 25-50x ASPH of the Televid. It doesn't work, the diameter of the eyepiece is still to large.
Best wishes Sebastian

Hi, Just in case anyone is still interested I have recently bought a DCA adapter for use with my Leica 82 mm 25-50 televid. I'm using a Lumix G1 with the 52mm adapter.
My experience is that it works pretty well. I only use the camera adapter part, not the part that would attach to the telescope and there is a small tightening screw on the adapter that needs to be fully open to get it to fit on the scope eyepiece (some considerable frustration before I figured this out). First pictures were yesterday of Black-winged Stilts, raw and tweaked are on my twitter feed @MartonMcD.
Good luck, Martin.

Attachments

• BWS.jpg
    BWS.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 137
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back