• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (13 Viewers)

Superb work Arthur! These Redstarts are masterly done. A great sense of shape and volume, subtle tones and nice crisp lines - a standard to aspire to.

Russ

Got distracted yesterday so not much done when I looked out of the window.
10+ Goldcrests in the scotch pine 2male redstarts still about redwings in .Willow warblers and my grey wagtails back too.Song thrush just appeared and 12 long tailed tits on the feeders plus the regulars.
No hope of sketching goldcrests, never keep still so got the camera out for some referance shots.

Attachments

• L1230233.jpg
    L1230233.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 49
  • L1230240.jpg
    L1230240.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Got distracted yesterday so not much done when I looked out of the window.
10+ Goldcrests in the scotch pine 2male redstarts still about redwings in .Willow warblers and my grey wagtails back too.Song thrush just appeared and 12 long tailed tits on the feeders plus the regulars.
No hope of sketching goldcrests, never keep still so got the camera out for some referance shots.

A rich start Arthur. I thought of your quote about not being able to sketch goldcrests when I was out yesterday and came across a Golden-crowned Kinglet. The best I could do was try to memorize what it looked like, then put it down on paper. As usual I hadn't memorized very well!!

ooooooohhh! I just want to touch that sleek black of the summer male's face - such inviting colours and textures. yes!

Crikey Mr. Bishop!

So good! Redstarts do it for me you see! And you do them SO WELL!

PS That wing-spread capture is amazing in the extreme.......

A montage of some redstarts which have brightened up the garden on their way south these last few days. Gone now.
Water Colour & gouache Size 1/2 Imp.

Attachments

• L1230246.jpg
    L1230246.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
  • L1230273.jpg
    L1230273.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 37
  • L1230275.jpg
    L1230275.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread