• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phonescoping (1 Viewer)

Moocher

iPhone 5. Swarovski ATS 65HD. 25-50 Zoom eyepiece and Novagrade Adapter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 618
How you getting on with that ATS65 HD?

Great blog as always.

Thanks Ratal.

I'm getting on just fine with it. Love it to be honest. Have no complaints at all. I particularly like how compact the scope is compared to other scopes with a 65mm objective lens. I travelled 150 miles by train to visit a new nature reserve last week, the scope packed nicely in a small rucksack.

Have you seen an Opticron MM3 60mm yet? I had a look through one at Bird fair. Image about the same at the MM3 50mm but as would be expected, I little brighter.

^^ Nice pics of a cracking bird, lovely sign of summers arrival when they pop up along the woodland edges.

As for MM3 60mm, I'll skip it. I love the 50/18x combo for going 'Ultra light.'

Still torn whether to get a Swaro 65 for sea watching and future air travel. Thinking that 65HD would be ideal for hunting down Harlequin Duck and Steller's Eiders.

Moocher that's a nice blog you got there. Well done for making the journey to Leighton moss , I very much like what your doing with video something I need to try when my adapter arrives.

Moocher that's a nice blog you got there. Well done for making the journey to Leighton moss , I very much like what your doing with video something I need to try when my adapter arrives.

Thanks Paul. I am really enjoying the Novagrade adapter. I have in the past neglected video, but with the phone securely attached to the scope, a smartphone can take some very decent footage.

I'm sure you will enjoy using the adapter yourself, let me know how you get on.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back