• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

digiscoping comparison Leica D-Lux 3 vs. C-Lux 2 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Bouton

All,

For the past couple years I've used the Leica D-Lux 2 & 3 cameras respectively. Despite it's lack of some manual controls, I've recently switched over to the new C-Lux 2 for a number of reasons: mechanical functioning of the lens, ability to shoot images at maximum zoom (scope and camera = ~6,000 mm equivalent), and superior control of noise over its predecessor C-Lux 1.

At any rate, I have expanded information along with comparative test images on my blog for those that may be interested.
Leica Birding Blog:
http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/leica/2007/06/digiscoping-comparison-between-leica-d.html

Happy digiscoping,

Jeff Bouton
Leica Sport Optics, USA

All,

For the past couple years I've used the Leica D-Lux 2 & 3 cameras respectively. Despite it's lack of some manual controls, I've recently switched over to the new C-Lux 2 for a number of reasons: mechanical functioning of the lens, ability to shoot images at maximum zoom (scope and camera = ~6,000 mm equivalent), and superior control of noise over its predecessor C-Lux 1.

At any rate, I have expanded information along with comparative test images on my blog for those that may be interested.
Leica Birding Blog:
http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/leica/2007/06/digiscoping-comparison-between-leica-d.html

Happy digiscoping,

Jeff Bouton
Leica Sport Optics, USA

Hi Jeff

A good article with good comparitive pictures for Leica users and very informative.

Just to let the UK Leica C Lux users know, Jeff will be at Rutland Birdfair this year on the Leica Optics stand, and is well respected Digiscoper in the States, and is as enthusiastic about Digiscoping as i am, so if you want some hands on advice about your Leica Digiscoping kit, get yourself to Rutland, he is a really helpful guy

See you there Jeff

Rgds

Paul

Wow Paul thanks for that! I don't know how "respected" I am, but I do LOVE digiscoping and as Paul suggests I'm always glad to help as I can.

Best,

Jeff Bouton
Leica Sport Optics

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back