• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

20-40x zoom eyepiece for TSN 600/660 series? (1 Viewer)

Vámibimbero

Hello everybody,

Did you heard anytime about the 20-40x zoom eyepiece for smaller TSN bodies? Recently I discovered in France throughout a webshop, and I would like to know some info about its optical performance. For me seems that is a long eye relief version, regarding the quite long, foldable soft plastic around the eye lens.

As for me absolutely a new item amongst KOWA eyepiece, I really don't know that should be a hoax or a long time ago rejected, not so famous eyepiece item still in the offer.

Kind regards,

Vámi

Hi,

do you have a link? There is nothing about a 20-40x zoom for the small body scopes on the Kowa pages and the only one I know is very old and was a brother of the infamous 20-60x zoom from the 90s.

Joachim

Hi,

hm, haven't seen this one yet.
The afov range of 38 to 56 deg is not great for a zoom with 2x range. Modern wide angle zooms have far more afov with a 2x or slightly larger zoom range.

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back