• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optics retailers near Orlando FL (1 Viewer)

thickmike

Can any of our American friends recommend an optics retailer in the Orlando area?

A colleague is visiting the theme parks with his family in the next couple of weeks and wants to spend his birthday money on a new pair of binoculars.

Is there a shop in Orlando where he could try before he buys?

He's also interested in good birding spots nearby that he can do on a day-trip (providing he's allowed out on his own!).

Cheers

Mike

thickmike said:
Can any of our American friends recommend an optics retailer in the Orlando area?

A colleague is visiting the theme parks with his family in the next couple of weeks and wants to spend his birthday money on a new pair of binoculars.

Is there a shop in Orlando where he could try before he buys?

He's also interested in good birding spots nearby that he can do on a day-trip (providing he's allowed out on his own!).

Cheers

Mike

The only one I know of is the Bass Pro at the east end of International Drive.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.OnlineShopping?CMID=MH_HOME

I've seen Swarovski and Nikon in there along with Bushnell and Leupold; always seemed a bit expensive to me though.

For a daytrip, Merritt Island would be my choice, an hour or so's drive east from Orlando.

You'll find details of that site and others by searching the Forums for 'Florida' and/or visiting the Florida Birding Trail website:-
http://floridabirdingtrail.com/

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back