• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rycycle's 2005 List (1 Viewer)

Rycycle

Not too bad as I've only actually been planned bird watching a couple of times, many of these are casual records or seen as I'm running in the fells. This is my first year of listing (in fact started during my visit to Sweden in the summer!) so haven't counted anything seen in the past such as Red Kite (Got to do this properly :). This means everything is counted as a lifer!

1. Grey Heron
2. Little Egret
3. Mute Swan
4. Canada Goose
5. Shelduck
6. Mallard
7. Tufted Duck
8. Common Buzzard
9. Rough-Legged Buzzard (In Sweden, fortunate enough to view nest)
10. Kestrel
11. Barn Owl
12. Tawny Owl
13. Coot
14. Moorhen
15. Lapwing
16. Long-Tailed Skua (Again, Sweden)
17. Black-headed Gull
18. Arctic Tern (Sweden)
19. Swift
20. Red Grouse
21. Ptarmigan (Sweden)
22. Pheasant
23. Collared Dove
24. Woodpigeon
25. Cuckoo (Sweden)
26. Great Spotted Woodpecker
27. Sand Martin
28. House Martin
29. Swallow
30. Meadow Pipit
31. Pied Wagtail
32. Dunnock
33. Willow Warbler (Sweden)
34. Stonechat
35. Robin
36. Bluethroat (Sweden)
37. Blackbird
38. Ring Ouzel (Sweden)
39. Fieldfare (Sweden)
40. Song Thrush
41. Mistle Thrush
42. Long Tailed Tit
43. Great Tit
44. Blue Tit
45. Nuthatch
46. Wren
47. Reed Bunting
48. Chaffinch
49. Greenfinch
50. Goldfinch
51. House Sparrow
52. Starling
53. Jay
54. Magpie
55. Jackdaw
56. Rook
57. Carrion Crow
58. Hooded Crow (Sweden)
59. Raven

As you can see, I've still to see many 'easy' ticks and there are loads of lifers to get! But I do have a couple that maybe even some more experienced birders have yet to see :) . I'll be starting a 2006 list like many of you and here's to reaching the 100 next year!

Off to Burton Marsh on the Wirral tomorrow to see if I can snatch a last year/life tick with the Harriers! :t:

Happy New year all

Well today went great mostly. Turned up at Parkgate and wasn't waiting too long before a Male Hen Harrier made an appearence. Beautiful birds. Most counted at one time was three (unfortunaetly too dim and distant to sex them) but excellent views of a Ringtail flying over the nearest pool.

Also short but nice view of a Sparrowhawk about 10 metres to my right and a first pair of Whooper Swans coming in to nest. Little Egrets also noted and a mystery heron on the way on the roadside (certainly not a Grey or Egret). Have to relocate that one again.

Anyway, it's been a nice end to the year. Here's to a greater one in 6 hours!

60. Hen Harrier
61. Sparrowhawk
62. Whooper Swan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back