• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hey ppl (1 Viewer)

mowazzy

hi guys,
wassup!!! i don't get much birding done in London but i go up to Essex in the summer and Scotland all year round where i can chill out and fit some birdwatching in. nuff respect to yall...o:)

What is going on here? Is this young persons having fun? I am thoroughly confused.

Perhaps, Ms Mowazzy, I could refer you to the thread about English grammar. Yes, it does still exist! There was a time when we actually spelt out words in full! I know, I know, it was all a long time ago; before television and text messages.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I can see you need a good session learning the Latin names of every bird on the planet!

Peter

ps nice to have someone else on BF from London, which is actually heaving with birds.

Don't be put off by the geriatric brigade, Mowazzy! Welcome to the best birding forum on the net. I hope you enjoy, and learn, from the stuff that's posted here!

wlcm 2 bf mwzzy,

gr8 2 ½ u n brd

... or something like that!

Last edited:
Don't you start birdman. I'm getting confused enough as it is.

Welcome mowazzy to the best bird forum, bar none, in the world. I think you will find it most enjoyable. The only problem I will find is trying to decipher what you are trying to say.

Boy, this is not getting any easier: LOL

Okay John J, back to normal... (although it appears having a 12-yo daughter has its uses!)

I think it's fair to say that any member is free to post threads in whatever language they choose, be it English, French, Swahili, txt or some other shorthand (IMHO!) - or indeed any other.

Non-English speakers generally do us the honour of posting in English - and I expect it is totally so that they can be understood by a wider audience.

So, mowazzy and Euan - apart from the occasional sarky comment, I don't think any (of us old folk!) mind you posting in txt - but the more of us that can figure out what you're saying, I'm sure the better time you'll have here.

N'est-ce pas?

Hi and welcome, mowazzy!

I'd have thought you'd get some pretty good birding in London.

It's easy to assume an urban environment would not be good for birds but here in Basingstoke, right in the heart of town, a pair of Peregrines live atop the IBM building, and it's right next door to a new building site with cranes etc and constant noise.

Last edited:
Hi Mowazzy, welcome to BF, as said before it is the greatest. I look forward to deciphering your comments on birding in London.

Birdman, I have a 15 year old son who trys to keep me up on the latest slingo, text, or whatever they are into at the moment. LOL

I think it is wonderful we have some yunguns on the board, don't you?

...ok, ok, ok

ok people i'll keep my slang to a minimum, its a habit and can't be helped... sorry about that- writing fully is actually quite hard for me :t:

yes and as for birding in london, its not the fact that theres no birds here (of course there is!!!) but when i'm birding i need some peace and my 3 older brothers are quite criticle so i do birding when i go up to visit my grandma and when i go to my caravan since my brothers don't usually come with me...

anyway now i've got that straight, i think i'll enjoy spending time on this site and i'll try my hardest to write everything more correct o:)

Hey! Let's not get critical (or even criticle!)!!

Communication is the key here, folks and so long as the message is understood, then nothing else really matters. It's all too easy to get carried away trying to type as fast as you would hold a "live" conversation, but so long as you can express your views and opinions accurately, who cares what language you use?

Just, as a tip, review what you type before you post, and everything will be crystal clear! (Eventually!)

Hey, Birdman! Who ya calling 'old folks', anyway? Surely not us'ns!

Mowazzy, welcome to the forum! As u cn c, evn us geezers cn figger it out -- once in a while, anyway! :)

Glad to know there are birders (of any age!) in London -- who else is going to show me around after I win the lottery and travel to London again!

<who else is going to show me around after I win the lottery and travel to London again!>

Winning the lottery and you want to come to London - with all those exotic places in the world to go. Now Birmingham - well thats a different matter: LOL

I'm sure there would be a few of us that would carry you around on our shoulders!!LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back