• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Walk Along The River Path. (1 Viewer)

palval147

A few photo's I took on a short walk this morning.

Attachments

• P1040043.JPG
    P1040043.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1040044.JPG
    P1040044.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 27
  • P1040049.JPG
    P1040049.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1040050.JPG
    P1040050.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 18
  • P1040052.JPG
    P1040052.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
And a few more.....

Wild flowers.

1) Red Campion.
2) Green Alkanet.
3) Marsh Marigold.
4) Ivy-leaved Toadflax.

And 4 Drake Mallardso:D

Attachments

• P1040060.JPG
    P1040060.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1040062.JPG
    P1040062.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 16
  • P1040066.JPG
    P1040066.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1040072.JPG
    P1040072.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P1040068.JPG
    P1040068.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 17
And a few more....

1) Dandelion clock.
2) The path along the main road.
3) View of Western Beacon from the river path.
4) Red Campion.

Attachments

• P1040053.JPG
    P1040053.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 22
  • P1040077.JPG
    P1040077.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1040079.JPG
    P1040079.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P1040080.JPG
    P1040080.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 24
Cracking pictures Val, and I'm so jealous that you can name the flowers, that's an area where I have real problems. Basically if it isn't a daffodil or a tulip then I'm hopeless.

That's what I call a terrific walk Val! So much flora to see and you've posted some super photo's!
So glad you named the Green Alkanet. I keep seeing it, but didn't know the name. Now I do!
Thanks for a terrific post.

Thank you both, Keith & Joe. I actually had to look the wildflowers up in my book. I didn't know for certain which they were, except for the last flower pic & that is embedded in my brain, :-O Ivy-leaved Toadflax, it has such a brilliant name & it refuses to grow in my garden, on the walls, yet it's rampant everywhere around here.

A great set of photo's, Val! Spring is such a lovely season! It is like a breath of fresh air when out walking and seeing all the new buds, blossoms and wildflowers splashing the countryside with their delightful subtle (in most cases) colours! Your River path must be a pleasure to walk along.

Lovely selection of photos, Val, to go with a very pleasant walk. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your interest, Pam & Kits.
I really don't walk along there often enough. Too busy getting shopping etc usually. The whole walk is circular & goes from the town out to the playing fields & beyond, through the Devon countryside, then back via the other larger park, recently refurbished & back to the town. I have never walked the whole way round. It's about 8 miles. Longer & steeper if you add the footpath to Dartmoor as well.|:d|

Thank you for your interest, Pam & Kits.
I really don't walk along there often enough. Too busy getting shopping etc usually. The whole walk is circular & goes from the town out to the playing fields & beyond, through the Devon countryside, then back via the other larger park, recently refurbished & back to the town. I have never walked the whole way round. It's about 8 miles. Longer & steeper if you add the footpath to Dartmoor as well.|:d|

Go on, Val, do it! :t: Love to hear all about it if you ever do the whole walk!

I have done it on horseback, Pam, though not the small playingfields area, by the river, I went along the road there, horses aren't allowed on those football pitches, we rode through the big park, in those days, not sure if they still do, it was private property then. I don't think it was a proper bridepath & we were probably trespassing.:-O

I have done it on horseback, Pam, though not the small playingfields area, by the river, I went along the road there, horses aren't allowed on those football pitches, we rode through the big park, in those days, not sure if they still do, it was private property then. I don't think it was a proper bridepath & we were probably trespassing.:-O

Hire a horse and do it again, Val!o:D

Thank you, Wendy. Our river bank seems to be good for wildflowers. I have never really looked before, I'm usually bird watching.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back