• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow chested birds, Lima, Peru (1 Viewer)

adamstrudwick

These little birds were hanging around a nectar feeder in Lima, Peru. Any ideas what they might be?

The 2nd photo is of another bird, this time on a flowering tree. He looks a little similar but could be a totally different species.

Attachments

• P8291083a.jpg
    P8291083a.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 38
  • P8291095a.jpg
    P8291095a.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 56
The first are Bananaquit. The second looks like a Tyrant Flycatcher sp, do you have any more shots?

Last edited:
I think it could be a kingbird, but to my mind it could also be other species of tyrant flycatchers from this angle. And the bananaquits are quite obvious ;)

Niels

To my mind (but I am not certain) your bird looks a little short tailed and lacks the notched appearance of the tail I am used to in TropKing. On the first image the bill looks a little short and wide compared to what I would expect. However, I am mostly used to seeing them in Central America, and the can be regional differences.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back