• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

old binos out of colimation (1 Viewer)

captaincarot

hi chaps

i have a pretty old pair of
tecnar binoculars,

8x40 coated optics number 822717.

i have had them sinvce they were new but looking through them the other day i realised they were out of colimation.

is there anywhere close to manchester England who service/ recolimate binoculars and if so

what sort of price would they charge for doing so?

as i would rather get them fixed than retire them to the bin. they were my first pair of binos

Last edited:
I have not used them for repairs myself but I believe Opticron do a postal repair service for other makes of optics as well as their own.
I've read that they are very reasonable price wise too.

If they are Tecnar's I would respectfully suggest buying a new binocular, or even a second hand Swift model on ebay. The Tecnar's are average at best and re collimation would cost around £50. A second hand Swift Grand prix will cost around £30 and by a better performer. You could do a conditional alignment on them yourself?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back