• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

immature gulls danube delta (1 Viewer)

lou salomon

the birdonist
hi,

took these pics a week ago at the murighiol salt lake close to danube delta, romania. i'm quite sure what they are, still like to hear your guess.

Attachments

• IMG_7617 Kopie.jpg
    IMG_7617 Kopie.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7600 Kopie.JPG
    IMG_7600 Kopie.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 136
3 sp of gulls are breeding at the respective site: cachinnans, melanocephalus and ridibundus. now come on! michahellis is also possible.

Largely guesswork (assuming these aren't straight forward for various reasons!) - 1s BHG and Yellow-Legged Gull (or L. argentatus ;) )

Last edited:
The first, I think, is a Mediterranean Gull (1st summer), the second a 'cachinnans' Herring Gull (2nd summer).

1st summer med gull and 2nd summer caspian gull - that was my id also. look at those uniform gr. coverts in the cachinnans. no futher analyze due to time shortage right now, sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back