• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are humans really that smart? (1 Viewer)

Reluctantly I have come to the conclusion that the idiots (which they undoubtedly are) probably didn't rate Cheetahs as dangerous in the way everybody accepts Lions are. I really can't bring myself to believe they would have got out in a Lion enclosure.

I've had tea on the lawn with loose Cheetahs at Africat (not to mention them sitting on the Land Rover 3 feet away from me: great photo-opp!) and didn't feel threatened: so perhaps I'm not much smarter than them.

Anyway, they know more about Cheetahs now than they did!

John

Reluctantly I have come to the conclusion that the idiots (which they undoubtedly are) probably didn't rate Cheetahs as dangerous in the way everybody accepts Lions are. I really can't bring myself to believe they would have got out in a Lion enclosure.

I've had tea on the lawn with loose Cheetahs at Africat (not to mention them sitting on the Land Rover 3 feet away from me: great photo-opp!) and didn't feel threatened: so perhaps I'm not much smarter than them.

Anyway, they know more about Cheetahs now than they did!

John

I think that these Cheetahs were only so bold due to pack mentality, I don't think a lone Cheetah would have behaved this way?

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back