Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding in Bulgaria

Old Friday 8th August 2003, 16:48   #1
wclinch
Forum Member

Thumbs up Birding in Bulgaria

I am taking a family holiday in Bulgaria between 18th and 25th August. Staying at the Elenite Holiday village. I intend to travel to various known birding locations along the black sea coast, either by car or taxi, and am wondering if anybody would like to share the cost or companionship.

If anyone has recently returned from Bulgaria and has any up to date information then please let me know.

Regards
Old Friday 8th August 2003, 20:14   #2
Michael Frankis
conehead

Hi Wclinch,

There's been several recent postings about Bulgaria - if you find the search bar and enter 'Bulgaria', you'll get all of them.

Michael

PS welcome to BF!
Old Saturday 7th February 2004, 17:48   #3
roamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclinch
I am taking a family holiday in Bulgaria between 18th and 25th August. Staying at the Elenite Holiday village. I intend to travel to various known birding locations along the black sea coast, either by car or taxi, and am wondering if anybody would like to share the cost or companionship.

If anyone has recently returned from Bulgaria and has any up to date information then please let me know.

Regards
Hi

I haven't been to Bulgaria, but, I am a long time member of a website called Virtualtourist.com. There, you can communicate with and ask all the questions you want on Bulgaria, or any other country in that respect.
Old Friday 13th February 2004, 16:12   #4
Mikejenk

[quote=roamer]Hi

I've booked 2 weeks at Russalka (10 km North of Cape Kaliakra) in the Tauk Liman reserve in mid may. I don't plan to do much travelling but I will post what is about in that area. I'm not too optomistic on the stork/raptor/pelican front at that time of year but there should be enough breeding birds to make it a good trip.
Old Friday 13th February 2004, 16:25   #5
CJW
Hit-and-run WUM

Look forward to hearing your reports - I'm going in September.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: