• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birds whose singing is similar to robins (1 Viewer)

I just found this request, amc252. Here in western North Carolina, the Rose-breasted Grosbeak would be the first that comes to mind.

Steve

I just found this request, amc252. Here in western North Carolina, the Rose-breasted Grosbeak would be the first that comes to mind.

Here in Oregon, it would be the Black-headed Grosbeak (a close relative of the Rose-breasted) though its lovely song is much richer and more melodious than that of any robin. The Western Tanager is another local bird with a robin-like song.

Last edited:
Hi,

I would like to know the names of English birds whose singing is most similar to robins.

American Robins or European Robins? Just asking because you mentioned "English birds" ... :)

Both are great singers, of course - but the answer would depend on which of the two you have in mind.

If we're talking about Europe, the Common Blackbird sometimes can sound quite similar to a European Robin, in my opinion.

Regards,

Henning

Since the OP is in Mexico, I'm assuming that there may have been a translation hiccup and he/she was asking about "names of birds in English" rather than "names of English birds".

On that basis and assuming the question was about birds in Baja California, Western Tanager and Black-headed Grosbeak are probably the most likely.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back