• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Noctuid, Russia (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
My wife is in St Petersburg at the moment and just sent me this, any ideas anyone?

I considered Dusky Marbled Brown?

Attachments

• Moth at Dacha.jpg
    Moth at Dacha.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 26
Earlier I was tempted to ask 'are you sure it's not Flounced Rustic' but then, funnily enough, I was running through Hants Moths 'Flying Tonight' and the very last moth looks a dead ringer for your mystery photo. Hedge Rustic.

Earlier I was tempted to ask 'are you sure it's not Flounced Rustic' but then, funnily enough, I was running through Hants Moths 'Flying Tonight' and the very last moth looks a dead ringer for your mystery photo. Hedge Rustic.

Aha, cheers mate, not a species I see in Notts.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back