• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (6 Viewers)

Thanks Des.
Some sketches from yesterday. enjoying the sun in the garden with these for company

Attachments

• Picture 453.jpg
    Picture 453.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 454.jpg
    Picture 454.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 91
plenty of lovely sketches here. I share your concern about the composition, I think it would be possible to pull it together using the background, but it would be beyond me as to how to do it. Looking forward to seeing how it develops, maybe it wouldbe worthwhile doing a few coloured comp. sketches to have a play with the 'flow' around the picture.

Nice sketches Arthur! I've looking through your thread and at your pictures in the gallery boy have you been busy. I reall love your sketches of the smaller birds you really catch them and give them life!
Greg

Hi Nick been quiet without you. Im'e going to give it a go with this comp.
see if it works.
Thanks Greg glad you liked the sketches.
Some more done today .waater colour on half imperial.

Attachments

• Av1.jpg
    Av1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Av2.jpg
    Av2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 102
Coming on a treat Arthur. Plenty going on in this one, enough to keep anyone amused for quite a while I should say!

Mike

Thankyou both. no more till next week grandaughters Birthday + been celebrating St. Georges Day so only a bit done

Attachments

• Av5.jpg
    Av5.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 93
well you did it! the quality of light and the feeling of reality on that front avocet are simply excellent.

Excellent job Arthur! But then, I never had any doubts about the outcome anyway!

The avocet are particularly successful as Nick and Des have pointed out already. Really nice, soft feathers with plenty of form to the birds too, not easy to do with 'white' birds.

Mike

Thankyou all,
This pair have been popping in to the garden, lovely to see them too.

Attachments

• Picture 455.jpg
    Picture 455.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 456.jpg
    Picture 456.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Back