• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

back yard birds (1 Viewer)

bigcypress

had a merganser the other day and saw it catch and eat a fish . we have an osprey out back almost every spring and fall for a few days or a week or so . i saw it about a week ago and saw it catch a couple fish . i thought it was gone but it just flew past again this morning . it's neat to watch for different birds in the fall when they are , apparently , migrating . couple weeks ago i saw about 30 birds circling in the sky about a quarter mile west of us and ASSUMED they were hawks but have not witnessed this before , other than turkey vultures riding air currents at a quarry a couple miles north of us all summer . . . peace

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back