• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lightroom HELP (1 Viewer)

kuzeycem

Medicinal Birding
Turkey
Hi,

I have been trying to use Lightroom for a few days now. A day ago I was using OS X 10.6.8 and I tried to use Lightroom 4 because it was the most recent compatible update. However on both 4.1 and 4.4 it said "error occurred changing modules".

Then I upgraded the Mac to 10.9.4, so I could use LR 5.6. The same error happened again and again.
I read the troubleshooting page on Adobe about this but nothing really helped me.

Can you help me?

When you say you read the Adobe troubleshooting page, did you try any of the suggested fixes?

I did a quick Google of this problem and quite a number of people mentioned that the user account on the computer must have read and write privileges.

You might try checking that if you haven't already done so. Hold down the alt key and click on Go in the menu bar. Go down to Library, then Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom.

Highlight the Lightroom folder and chose File > Get Information.

Under Sharing & Permission, verify that your have Read & Write Privileges. If not, click the padlock icon at the lower right, enter your password when prompted, then click the Read only entry and select Read & Write.

If this doesn't work, another solution could be to create a new user account on your computer and try downloading Lightroom into that.

Malcolm

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back