• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sharpening (1 Viewer)

sparrowbirder

sorry if this sounds naive folks but im still getting used to all the vagaries of photoshop!! ive read a couple of threads about how people isolate certain parts of an image eg the eye and sharpen this first,any chance anybody can talk me through the stages of how to do this!! also is this done before doing any adjustments to the image, the read me files with ps7 seem to talk a different language!! also on a similar note,when I remove CA using ps,it gets rid of the purple fringing,but seems to leave a "greyish" ghost image around the bird,which often looks worse than the original CA,any ideas what is going wrong here !! cheers
andy p

Andy Bright's page has an introductory Photoshop page that is very useful, Andy. Just look for one of his posts and follow his sig.

After that ... well, you will be way too advanced or me already. I'm just starting to learn it.

Also, there are many free tutorials out there for photoshop that lets you go at your own pace. I find them a little easier to grasp. Most times though I play around with a new program for a couple of months before I start reading any literature on it.
If you do a search on google for free photo shop tutorials you're sure to find a couple out there. Let me know if you have trouble locating any.

thanks kc,ill take a look,just find the read me files that come with photoshop a little hard to follow,bit too much jargon for my liking if I can find something that explains things simpler that would be great!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back