• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Simon King green Victory 8x32 T*FL (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the objective covers marking comments; I was wondering how bad the cosmetic issue might be, and whether I was being foolish to ignore the issue, i.e. to use the covers.

As to why I use them; mostly when I'm not wearing them. Yes, I do use a case, but I'm accident prone, and it's very cluttered here. And sometimes I put them down on a table, and then might drop something on them, bash keys into them etc. I just feel happier having the objectives covered, even if it's 99% paranoia.

thanks again.

Hi Mak, mine has a serial number of seven digits, ending in 8. Do yours have a number indicating their place in the 250 units?
Also, as with all Zeiss binos, mine have some accessories packed in various fold-out parts of the box. Opening the compartments requires Advanced Origami Engineering, beyond my capabilities;).

Mine is numbered: 3548202. Number 2 in the series.

... The Swaro, Zeiss and Leica views seem uniquely different from one another IMO and I like them all. The FL has a sort of glow to it. The images really can be quite beautiful through the FL at times. It's also very sharp and clean.

I think getting the focus just right and having to fiddle with it at longer distances may be due to its relatively fast focus.

One thing I find I really like about the FL is its wide IPD range. It makes the FL more comfortable to handle and hold. My IPD is 59mm I believe.
The Vortex Viper HD had the IPD range starting at 59mm and so it had to be closed all the way. This made it less comfortable handling compared to the FL.

I took a long time to make the decision on a good 8x32.
The FL has a lot going for it and I'm feeling very satisfied with my choice right now.

GG,
My feeling too - I like them all; it's nice to have a change sometimes. Your point about fast focus is definitely true but I think it's finally broken me in now! No more struggle; I've learnt to be very careful in focusing on these 32s.

If I were only allowed to use one make it would be Zeiss because their 8x56 FL is so good though heavy and they have great 7x in the shape of either the open bridge Dialyt BG/AT*P or the FL - as well as the 8x32 FL. But I would be happy with L, N or Sw makes too, especially that Leica 7! Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

Tom

Many months later.. my Simon King edition 8x32 FL is no. 3548217. It came with the brown Cordura case and has the 3 ideograms on strap and front of case.
Congratulations on your achievement Zeiss SK FL, it would be very nice to be able to take beautiful pictures of your small and remarkable Zeiss

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back