• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovision field pro (1 Viewer)

Jerry S

United Kingdom
I was selling my newish 8.5x42s as i was sick of the sstrap system keep tying itself in knots! I have read that i can buy an adapter which will allow me to use normal straps on them! Can anyone advise on these please 👍

Hi,

I think you just get in touch with Swarovski and they will send you the adapters. I'm not a fan of the huge lump on the side of the barrels, I must admit.

Well, it seems the FieldPro change was not an upgrade at all. No reason for this gimmick in my mind.

The conventional strap system was not broke, so why try to fix it.....

Jerry

To both Jerrys,

I have an old Sony digital camera with the same flippy floppy always twisted never fails to exasperate neckstrap attachment system. As soon as I saw photos of the FieldPro "improvement" I shuddered. And, just because I'm cranky.... who started with the once cute, now wholly and tediously overused mid-word capital letter thing?

Mike

Last edited:
Speaking for myself I haven't found the connectors to be a problem. Looking at the picture of the optional connector, is it free to rotate all the way round? If so, wouldn't that allow the strap to become twisted and be even more of a problem than the thin cords on the FP?

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back