• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Here is a couple i done over 20 yrs ago !! (1 Viewer)

Kuldoode

I did these when i was big on birdwatching, only a kid then ( 14 yrs old ). I have now returned to the hobby , but i dont think my drawing skills are up to that scratch yet.

Hope you all enjoy !!

Attachments

• LongTailedTit 1.JPG
    LongTailedTit 1.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 311
  • LongTailedTit 2.JPG
    LongTailedTit 2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 243
  • siskin 1.JPG
    siskin 1.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 328
  • siskin 2.JPG
    siskin 2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 226
Judging by your drawings when you were 14 - it should't take too long to scrape the rust off. I am awaiting the Kuldoode field guide to birds soon. I hope you make a north american version as well. Thanks for sharing the images .
-dave

Like they always say, it takes practice, practice and more practice. I know when I haven't drawn for a while it always takes a little time to get the groove back. Same thing with birding really. I have a feeling you are already a great artist-better than you think.
Thanks for sharing.
best
elizabeth

Kuldoode said:
I did these when i was big on birdwatching, only a kid then ( 14 yrs old ). I have now returned to the hobby , but i dont think my drawing skills are up to that scratch yet.

Hope you all enjoy !!
Thanks for posting those - you must feel proud of such an achievement.

Kuldoode said:

Hope you all enjoy !!
What is impressive is your accompaning notes along side the excellent sketches,it is a shame you have taken so long to get back to birding,but by the standards shown you should be back on track in next to no time.

POP

I'm 16 now, and I don't do the sketching. I'd rather just take pictures of the birds, and ID them when I get home. Been studying our hummingbirds for about 3-4 years now, and I'd like to write a book on them when I'm about 30-35.

These are good.

Justin

POP said:
What is impressive is your accompaning notes along side the excellent sketches,it is a shame you have taken so long to get back to birding,but by the standards shown you should be back on track in next to no time.

POP

I agree with this 100%! Simply amazing how much you have written there.

I would say its like a bike you will have no problem picking it back up.

Bump:)
Hi Kooldude,
I have just returned from the Bird Fair, one of the marquees was dedicated to Wildlife Art. I was lucky enough to meet many artist's and one in particular, Steve Cale caught my attention.
His style of art is similar to yours, insomuch as he scetches and writes descriptions. He was kind enough to sign one of the cards (from the original painting) for me.
I would like to post a pic of it to show you if someone could advise if thats ok (copyright etc)

Anyway, my point is, please take on board the comments of encouragement already given. And think about turning your hobby/talent into a little income someday. (Well, you never know)

Last edited:
Kuldoode said:

Hope you all enjoy !!
Certainly impressive drawings you have there & the notes you kept are excellent. Nice to know your back doing something you are really good at, it is surely like riding a bike. Hope you soon find your old skill back. Thanks for sharing your sketches with us, well done.

Rod.

Kuldoode said:
Hope you all enjoy !!

Wonderful drawings Kuldoode! Particularly like the Long tailed tit. How nice that you still have the work and your interest in birds. I did a similar thing with butterflies about 20 years ago but sadly haven't been able to find the work, don't know what happened to it.
Look forward to seeing more of your drawings.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back