• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone used the MC-14 teleconverter for MFT? (1 Viewer)

As I understand it, the converter is designed to work only with the new 40-150mm f2.8 and forthcoming 300mm f4. It won't physically fit any other m4/3 lenses. I don't know if this will be a problem when trying to use it for the application which you are interested in.

Ron

I presume it only fits certain lenses because of the protruding elements. I can't see a problem with using it on a telescope. With the image quality that you can get by making a TC from inexpensive lens parts then this Olympus TC seems like a very expensive alternative, unless you needed a TC to use with regular lenses.

Paul.

Should work. Whether it is any good or not on a telescope is another question. It is designed specifically for the new 40-150 and the new 300/4, and they are VERY different beasts than a doublet or triplet refractor. Won't touch a good TN. My EC-14 (4/3 1.4x TC) is a great TC, but it can't compare with my 15€ home made jobbie on the telescope. My TN on a "norma"l lens is absolute crap!

It will fit physically since there is plenty of free space towards the lens and it will work. It may give good/excellent results, but as others have already written it sounds like a quite expensive solution compared to what you can achieve with TN mounted inside cheap extension tube.

If you are planning to get the TC anyway (for use with the 40-150 f/2.8 or upcoming 300 f/4) then it would be interesting to read and see about the results achieved on your refractor scope.

/Tord

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. I sometimes use the glass from a barlow to get extra magnification and this works OK. I'm tempted to get the 300mm if the price is within reach and if so I will probably also get the MC-14 if it is bundled with a nice price :)
//Johan

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back