• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Valentine's Day, 2 views (1 Viewer)

Sue Wright

Hi folks,

I know these 2 photos are a little late, but I wasn't able to get on the boards on Wednesday, but on looking out of the bedroom window in the morning of Valentine's Day I was able to see and snap the events below.

The Pigeons instantly reminded me of the actual day that it was, but I'd already taken a photo of the Magpie just a few moments earlier and later guessed it was a male and was single and the photos shows what he thought of it too!

Two ways of looking at it, possibly depending on the sex and whether you've met your match!

Best wishes all,

Sue.

Attachments

• Wood%20Pigeons%20on%20Valentines%20Day%201021.jpg
    Wood%20Pigeons%20on%20Valentines%20Day%201021.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 37
  • Magpie%20rear%20with%20tail%20up%20971.jpg
    Magpie%20rear%20with%20tail%20up%20971.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 40
Great pics Sue...as usual. Our pigeons have been cuddling up to each other in the last couple of weeks and starting the 'bowing/cooing' stance too. Must be spring!

Hi Wendy,

I'm sure you're right with your thoughts as they were back again today, kissing, cuddling AND very much more - though I'll not use Lind's expression to describe things! Spring indeed.

Sue.

Attachments

• Wood Pigeons take 2.jpg
    Wood Pigeons take 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 26
Sue Wright said:
Hi Wendy,

I'm sure you're right with your thoughts as they were back again today, kissing, cuddling AND very much more - though I'll not use Lind's expression to describe things! Spring indeed.

Sue.

Aaaaahhh, billing and co-oing, even. Lovely shot, Sue. :loveme:

Hi Sue,
Aww, how cute! Good capture Sue, well done.
Lot's of canoodling going on in my garden too! Bless.

I've noticed the Wrens are active in the hedgerows this week.
Talking about Wren's...can you help me with please Sue?

I saw this little bird in the reed bed, his behaviour & song was unusual (for me)
at first I wondered if it was a Warbler but it looks more like a Wren.
Nothing about his behaviour was Wren like (if you know what I mean) lol.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread Sue, blame the canoodling Wrens!! lol

id help appreciated.

ttfn. x

Attachments

• DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi Sue,
Awwww..made me want to burst into "love is in the air"..lol..lovely pics and so sweet. Roll on Spring eh?

Nice pics too Pie..although I cant help with I.D. I hate making a fool of myself..lol ;)

Best wishes

Hi Pie i might be wrong but it looks like a wren to me verry brown plain colour though. on a valintines note tho we had sparrows doing the dirty deed in the garden that afternoon. I saw oyester catchers displaying this morning also heard the first sky lark singing as i was heading home from tankerness. its all starting up[tempting fate]winter is slowly loosing its grip

Hi Sue,
Yep, the W.Pigeons are 'at it' here too, every day!! Randy blighters!! Also seen were the Dunnocks posturing, and 'strutting their stuff' along the top of the fence. Spring is, most definitely, in the air!!
Nice shots Sue.
pie It looks very like a Wren to me too. Nice pics.

Hi All,
Yes, I think so too, his behaviour was very different though, & the wing bars were not visible, but other than that I agree.
It's always best to check.
Thank you all

(thanks for letting me nip in Sue)

Thanks all.

Hi Pie,

No worries about coming on the thread with your query - why not! As Dafi and Judo have said, it's definately a Wren, take note of your first photo and the stiff, upright tail as well as the very noticeable supercilium. Lovely shots though I see your problem, but that's probably down to cloudy, low light conditions which often make things look quite different at times.

All best wishes, all.

Sue.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back