• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HR3 zoom eyepiece (41145). (1 Viewer)

Steve,

I have tried the HR3 but only on the MM3 60 mm (non-ED) that Opticron just introduced this year. I have mounted the HDF on the same scope body and, to be honest, I saw very little difference optically between the two of them. I can try all three when time allows.

Hello Frank,

Lots of thanks for your response.

My scope is the ED version of the HR66 so it may seem a fallacy fitting a 'lesser quality' HR rather than HD/SDL zoom eyepiece and expecting equal effect. I suppose I'm really trying to get out of paying the higher prices of the HD/SDL eyepieces!

Opticron have an optics event at nearby(to me!) Attenborough Nature Reserve tomorrow(Sept. 29th) so I will try and get along to try the HR3 there, thanks. I also want to try it on my Kowa 613 scope because the HDF and SDL zooms fit on to the outer bodycap thread as they do on the Opticron scopes.

Thank you, again.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back