• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (2 Viewers)

Grasshopper sparrow in SW Tarrant county while searching (finally successfully on attempt #3) for my county northern bobwhite. Texas bird #320

A lone Painted Bunting on the Gulf coast of Alabama in a grove of pine trees. Saw it early Summer. Could not believe I saw one in the wild. I live in Central Alabama where they never reach...was a treat to see it.

This is what kickstarted me back into bird watching more regularly...and why I joined this forum. :)

Last edited:
I've had no new Lifers since November's 2015's Long-billed Dowitcher (life & work getting in the way :C ) but this year I'm back into birding properly once more....

Tuesday June 4th ~ TWO Lifers with

Bearded Tit @ East Chevington

Baikal Teal @ Druridge Pools :t:

Black-capped vireo and zone-tailed hawk in Colorado Bend State Park. It required a 4 am wakeup and 4 hours of hiking in eventual 90+ degree weather, but spending time finding cool birds in the Texas hill country is always worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Either Buff breasted sandpiper or ruddy shelduck depending on where you stand on the latter. Frampton and Rutland respectively

I’ve put it on my wp list on bubo but not my British one (largely because you can’t) so I’m stuck on 199 for the year

Back in June added Caucasian Grouse, Caspian Snowcock, Levant Sparrowhawk + a slew of warblers: Mountain Chiffchaff, Upcher's, Menetrie's + Green in Armenia.

A research trip (road surveys) in the southern U.S. brought me a fantastic total of 20 lifers. My top three were, without a doubt, Swallow-tailed Kite, Roseate Spoonbill, and Short-tailed Hawk. The hawk was quite uncommon where we saw it, too (north of Gainesville, FL).

Mottled Duck
Anhinga
White Ibis
Roseate Spoonbill
Wood Stork
Swallow-tailed Kite
Snail Kite
Short-tailed Hawk
Common Gallinule
Purple Gallinule
Limpkin
Wilson's Plover
Marbled Godwit
Common Ground-Dove
Loggerhead Shrike
Brown-headed Nuthatch
Summer Tanager
Seaside Sparrow
Bachman's Sparrow
Painted Bunting

I should add that the highlight of the trip was reaching a melon field with dragonflies and their associated kite flock. There must have been about 60 Swallow-tailed and 20 Mississippi, many of which wheeled and dove right above the car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back