• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Spotting Scope RA (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Im interested in having a go at digi-scoping. Before I go out and spend a fortune on gear, does anybody know whether there is an attachment available now for the Nikon Spotting Scope RA? I bought this scope in 1992, and there were no gadgets available back then. Is there anything available now?

Any pointers and advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

tracker

I think there is a whole set of attachments for that scope. visit the Nikon web site for details.

regards
Gordon

It may be worth checking out the Warehouse Express banner above - you may have to wait for them to rotate! Select the spotting scopes menu and then digiscoping and then Nikon from the drop down menu. You get loads of scope models listed with the parts you need plus prices.

IanF said:
It may be worth checking out the Warehouse Express banner above - you may have to wait for them to rotate! Select the spotting scopes menu and then digiscoping and then Nikon from the drop down menu. You get loads of scope models listed with the parts you need plus prices.

Funny you should mention that, Ian, but i tried that yesterday, and the page came up saying 'not available' or to that affect. But i will try again,

Thanks,

tracker

Ok, just visited Warehouse Express, and from what ive seen, it looks like there are attachments for the spotting scope that i have. I hope im right....*rubbing hands together*......i bought my spotting scope in 1992, and i think its classed as the RA1. All i need to do now is read up a little on exactly what i will need and go from there.

Thanks guys for your help......... :t:

Last edited:
tracker said:
Hi,

Im interested in having a go at digi-scoping. Before I go out and spend a fortune on gear, does anybody know whether there is an attachment available now for the Nikon Spotting Scope RA? I bought this scope in 1992, and there were no gadgets available back then. Is there anything available now?

Any pointers and advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

hI THERE I HAVE JUST SEEN YOURE POST AND I AM LOOKING FOR A SCOPE ON A BUDGET.

I NOTICE YOU HAVE HAD THE RA 11 FOR QUITE A WHILE,

HOW DO YOU RATE IT?

IS IT PORTABLE ? GOOD IMAGE ?

I WOULD VALUE YOURE ADVICE THANKS!

MARK

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back