• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2013 (1 Viewer)

I've got off to a slow start this year as I've been away (went on a Nile trip to Egypt - might put up a report later) but can now add a few more to start catching up with the garden list.

26) Cormorant
27) Redwing
28) Grey Wagtail
29) Pied Wagtail
30) Wren

I thought I would try and give this a go this year, now that I've moved to a decent area with good views from the garden, so here is my list so far for 2013:

1 Blackbird
2 Robin
3 Pink-footed Goose
4 Woodpigeon
5 Herring Gull
6 Blue Tit
7 Black-headed Gull
8 Dunnock
9 Magpie
10 Cormorant
11 Collared Dove
12 Wren
13 Great Crested Grebe
14 Red-throated Diver
15 Greylag Goose
16 Starling
17 Great Tit
18 Goldfinch
19 Greenfinch
20 Jackdaw
21 Common Gull
22 Feral Pigeon
23 House Sparrow
24 Shelduck
25 Great Black-backed Gull
26 Chaffinch
27 Song Thrush
28 Carrion Crow
29 Kestrel
30 Common Scoter
31 Oystercatcher
32 Guillemot
33 Little Auk
34 Brent Goose
35 Wigeon
36 Kittiwake
37 Fulmar
38 Lesser black-backed Gull
39 Gannet
40 Mallard
41 Curlew
42 Velvet Scoter
43 Eider
44 Shoveler
45 Dunlin
46 Teal

Hopefully this cold snap will bring in a few more over the weekend!

Ryan

I had about a dozen species of BOPS for my 'garden' last year which didn't include Whistling Kite, which I know you've had, or this little (or rather big) cracker!

Whistling Kite a regular visitor overhead (at least once a week) but still not seen Black Kite from home.

40 Dollarbird

Started from 6th January.

1. Great Tit
2. Blue Tit
3. Hooded Crow
4. Jackdaw
5. Bullfinch
6. Feral Pigeon
7. Greenfinch
8. Magpie
9. Common Redpoll

Minus 15 C during the day today, but finally the bird list climbs...

Impressive totals for woodpeckers today, seven species today, including four to five White-backs on the peanut feeders and, somehow missed this year until today, Lesser Spotted woodpecker.

Also, third time ever on my land, a meandering Hazel Grouse in the snow a hundred metes from my feeders, that will be cool if he starts to forage under the feeders!

20. Hazel Grouse
21. Sparrowhawk
22. Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
23. Goldfinch

Mammal list also climbed by one ...a Yellow-necked Mouse on the peanut feeder, most weird to see it feeding between two Blue Tits!

10. Yellow-necked Mouse

I love this thread. I hope to be able to join you all in 2014 when I should be finished floating around.
Sue

A couple of squadrons of flyover Fieldfare today...put me on 40! (think this year is going to be all uphill! :(

I love this thread. I hope to be able to join you all in 2014 when I should be finished floating around.
Sue

You could have a "Float Around" list.........birds seen on and from The Peregrine!:t: It is after all your home.

A quick check...reveals me 6 down on the same time last year!, one of those absentees which is a 1st for me in 30 years, considering I was chin deep in them last year...is Redwing!

Not only from the garden, but local walks haven't produced any either!

I suspect their in hiding somewhere.

Managed to push past the half century this weekend, still missing some easy ones though!

47 Lapwing
48 Fieldfare
49 Meadow Pipit
50 Mediterranean Gull
51 Whooper Swan

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back