• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi Just joined (1 Viewer)

nigelblake

don't re member
Hi to all

I have been a regular on birds-pix for some time, its good to see another bird related forum. I thought I might start with an example of my work.

Attachments

• sanderling.jpg
    sanderling.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 182
Welcome Nigel...I am new to digiscoping...there are a number of digiscopers here...I think you will enjoy the board...drop in the chat some time.

Colin

Welcome Nigel.
Lovely shot of the Sanderling.
The way you have captured it portrays the 'dashing about the shore' nature of Sanderling.

paj

Welcome to the Birdforum, Nigel - that's a great shot of the Sanderling for starters. I hope that you get to post a few more shots in the galleries and maybe share some tips on technique and equipment in the forums :bounce:

re welcome

Many thanks to all for such a warm welcome, and many thanks also for praisful comments on the Sanderling image.
I use a Canon D60 for all of my digital work and 2 Canon EOS 3s when shooting on film (which I still prefer) I have all Canon lenses the main bird photography ones being a 600mm f4 IS and 100-400mm f4.5/5.6 IS, I also use the matched Canon 2x and 1.4x converters. I have recently bought a Wimberley tripod head which is a three axis gimbled design that allows you to ballance the camera/lens combination so that it has fluid movement, this was used when panning with the Sanderling, and I can recomend it to you all, check out the link. http://www.tripodhead.com/wimberley.html

Hello Nigel!

Welcome to the Forum! I hope we get to see more or your great pictures. I so admire ppl that master the camera.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back