• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cassin's Finch Reno NV USA Oct 2020 (1 Viewer)

Birds4Kathy

Hi,
This photo is from my back yard feeder. I haven't seen a Cassin's Finch in the back yard since summer but yesterday (10/23/20) this finch showed up. The enclosed photo shows the difference between these two birds. One is clearly a house finch. I think the other is a Cassin's Finch in winter plumage but wanted to make sure before I post my photo on ebird. Since it has some red color I assume it is a male. He appears somewhat bigger than the house finch. Is this generally true for Cassin's Finch? Thanks for any insight. I really appreciate your help. Kathy

Attachments

• House and Cassin's Finch small.jpg
    House and Cassin's Finch small.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 47
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back